Monday, January 10, 2011

Who's crying at 3 am?


Well, I was for one. My little peanut butter decided to go to sleep this morning at 4:30 am which is the beginning of Papa's shift (since he has to go to work). We were starting the bedtime routine at 10:00 pm last night. I did it all, swaddle, unswaddle, rock, pacifier (ick) put him in my sling, in the recliner with him on my chest, on the Boppy, bouncy chair... um, all of it. He would knock off to sleep in each of these and as soon as I would move him to a more safe location - his bed - his eyes would pop WIDE open and then the wailing would begin. He is perfectly happy sleeping in my warm arms, but as soon as I would lie down - again the wailing.. oh the wailing! At one really low point, about 3:30 am (I looked at the clock) we were both crying! My boy has his nights and days mixed up.. we ended up sleeping from 5:00 am to 10:30 this morning. Not my idea of fun, but at least there was SOME sleeping involved in the end. I understand this is normal and it will change, but I wish he would tell me when he is ready to move out the bakers hours. One constant that worked is to breastfeed him and let him knock off to sleep on his own. I tried this at 4:00 am while lying in bed (very tricky but can be done.. I'm still practicing) and it worked! I will try this tonight and see if it works for us. I'll report back to let you know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment